Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good Weekend! :D



Well last Thursday started off with going to Ravenna and going to the Happy Day School to paint murals. It was cool everyone working together. There was A LOT to paint!! Here is a picture of the part I was working on, an alphabet train.



Then Friday morning we left for Palmyra NY. The bus ride took forever to get there! I hate having to ride for a long time.. :( Then we stopped at a rest stop in Angola. They had a Mcdonalds and everything. Well they’re totally a rip of and Wayy more expensive then everywhere else. So heads up not to go there. It was funny I started talking about it and my manager knew right where I was talking about. Once we got there we went to the bookstore where they printed the book of mormon. It’s interesting that it took so long to do everything. They had to put little letters and put so many in and then put that on the paper and keep doing that. So hopefully they didn’t mess up because it looked really time consuming! Then they had to print all the copies after that, and then the binding and all that kind of stuff. We went to the Sacred Grove where Joseph received his first vision. So we walked around there for a while. I was with one other girl and we were trying to find how to get back out haha. I was smart and asked a lady and she had a map. Oh yeah :) I looked at it and was like well where are we? So she pretty much told us how to get out. It was pretty funny that the whole time my friend that I was walking with was like that’s where he received the vision and kept changing it ha. This is a picture of us on the way there. You can somewhat see how shirts they say, "stand as a witness"


We didn’t have enough time to see the cabins and everything. I don’t know when I’ll go back but I’ll definitely go see that stuff! Then later on that day we went to see the pageant at the Hill Cumorah. I didn’t know what to expect at all, but it was amazing! They had the set already set up so it was interesting to see how it would play out. The lighting made it look different all the time. I was almost falling asleep, but I still enjoyed it. Once it was over we went to the visitors center to have a testimony meeting. I felt bad because more adults talked than youth so I got up. I was debating about it, which I always do! Then the bus ride home actually went by kinda fast only 5 hours. Of course then I wasn’t that tired. I knew I wouldn’t really be able to sleep. I got a little bit of sleep when I got home Saturday morning. Saturday evening I went to Debby Baker’s and she was having a little party. That was fun we ended up going to see fire works. I was happy about that because it’s been forever since I’ve seen any.. Church was good and then work went good too! Talked to my manager for a while. I’m glad that she is so nice and everything. We get along good and if I need to change days she does all that she can. I told her I’m scared what if my next manager is mean. Haha well I’m good for now anyway. I’ve just been in a good mood and I definitely like that!! Usually it doesn’t last long, but I’m trying to be positive :D Girls camp is coming up, and that will be fun too! Any chance to somewhat get away from the real world ends up being good!

No comments: