Sunday, September 26, 2010

What to say, what to say? This summer hasn't been the most eventful but it hasn't been all bad either.. Its over now and its already about to be October which is a big shock! Only 3 more months before I'm out of here heading to Idaho :) It's just scary that I don't have everything situated yet.. I guess they're having some issue with their computers or doing something that is putting a hold up on things.. It'll all get situated eventually though and hopefully soon so I can stop worrying about it! I've been working at McDonalds this summer which has been alright. I never thought I would want to go back to school so much though!! I'm just nervous about all the work it will entail.. High school was pretty easy to go through and not have to do too much. I guess I got the feeling in Teacher Academy cause that was A LOT of work but that was only one class.. I guess I'll have to discipline myself! I'm just not looking forward to the basic classes it'll just seem like a repeat of school and I didn't like school in the first place.. I'm just looking forward to the teaching aspect of it :) and that subject not the rest :)
Well, I went to the Relief Society Broadcast last night and it was pretty good :) I had minestrone for the first time yesterday too! It was pretty good too but it was funny someone asked me if I was not eating certain parts of it on purpose and I was like can you tell? Beans and carrots not for me.. :D Anyway, my first RS broadcast because I'm an adult and all now :) I really liked that it targeted charity and not judging others. It was so funny there was a little joke in it. A woman is having breakfast with her husband and looks out the window at their neighbors house and the laundry was our and the wife said she doesn't know how to do laundry its still dirty!! & she continued to say this every time their neighbors laundry was out. Then, one morning she noticed that their laundry was clean and she was like oh look she learned how to clean her clothes. Her husband was like this morning........ I washed the windows! Hopefully I did that justice but it really shows that everyone just sits and there and judges others on any and everything when they're probably no better than the other person or even know the other person. I know I'm not perfect at it as no one is but it really gets old when all someone wants to do is run their mouth about nothing. It brought up a quote from Mother Teresa that said if you judge people, you have no time to love them. When you're being judgemental you're not thinking in a positive way or being loving to others so that is definitely true! We have way better things that we can be doing with out time. Which brings up charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ, charity never faileth. It is through us that so many works are brought forward and how we help others through the Lord. He can't just come down here to help people so he uses us to help others but when we're selfish and don't want to help others that's not really the point. Just thinking about our own needs and not those around us is very selfish and a flaw in a lot of people it seems. Its pretty sad actually but the smallest things to us can be something big to someone else. Even if all we can do is a little bit its more than nothing.
Just some of my thoughts at the moment! :)

1 comment:

loriallen said...

I like your thoughts. You are such an enlightened girl :) I know your life will bring you such great joy, because that is what you are looking ahead towards. It is such a breath of fresh air to read your words:)