Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ACCEPTANCE!!!!

I am so EXCITED right now!!! :) Just got my acceptance letter for BYU-Idaho. I thought I was going to have to wait in agony for a few more weeks but luckily not! I've been pretty stressed lately trying to think about everything I still need to do but this just made my day! I almost got up and started jumping up and down but I didn't. Happy to know where I'm going and that its the place that I really want to go. I know everything else will fall into place. I'll miss people but I know this is the right thing and can't wait!!!
I was just saying today how I've never really liked school and this year isn't any better. I really like my internship and don't miss days that I go there. I know teaching is what I want to do, also. I've liked 4th and 5th grade I start 8th grade tomorrow. We'll see how that turns out. I just want to know I made a difference in other peoples life and not just a class someone couldn't wait to be done with. I appreciated my elementary and middle school teachers more. I think they actually had a variety of ways to teach instead of doing the same thing everyday and not mixing it up. Taking Teacher Academy has made me think a lot about teachers. Typically I would like the classes with the subjects I like or if I liked a teacher but I didn't actually think about if that teacher was a good teacher or not.. My class has made a big list of what makes a good teacher good and I've really learned a lot this year that I never even thought about. Kindof looking forward to college in a way and what it will bring even though I don't really like school now.

2 comments:

Wendi Pancake said...

Jess,
I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work! Enjoy every day of your senior year because it will go by so quickly. Love you girl!

Wendi Pancake said...

Hi Jess,
I am so proud of you and the decisions that you have made! Congrats on being accepted to BYU-I. I know that you will do well! Love ya girl!! Sister Pancake