Thursday, January 14, 2010

Amazing Day!!!! :D

I have not written a blog in so long! Christmas vacation was good. Then, started school and this week had finals. I thought this week was gonna be really stressful but then today was a really good day!! Tuesday I had a Teacher Academy test and felt like I did pretty good on it. I started some exams Tuesday and then Wednesday and today. I got an A on all of them :D. I haven't found out about my Algebra II one but I don't care if I got an A on that one or not. I just felt really accomplished after freaking about everything. Then at my internship which I haven't talked about yet.. my Teacher Academy teacher and I just talked for a couple of minutes she asked if I spent a lot of time studying for my test and I said yeah kinda. She said I was the only one in my class to get an A on it. Another thing to make me happy.
I started my 3rd internship last week its with 5th grade. Language Arts. I definitely knew 1st grade was too young and I liked 4th grade and now I like 5th grade. I'm thinking I'm leaning more towards middle school though because when I first start out I think it will be more overwhelming to have to have a lesson for every subject and everything. Then again, doing middle school I will be teaching the same thing over and over and that could be kind of redundant. They both have good and bad like everything I suppose. I'm going to 8th grade next and I actually had that teacher so that will be cool. Plus I will be sure by then what I want. I just hate the grade levels they have for the teaching licenses. Either K-3, 4-9 or 7-12. Why can't it be 3-8 or something like I would like :D? I'm just really glad I've gotten along with all the teachers I've interned with and just made the experience even better. I had no idea what to expect and it has definitely been better than I expected. Theres a lot of work but in a sense it is preparing me for college because that's how that's going to be.
I am hanging with my besty today and I got the mail and after a long time of waiting I finally got my Patriarchal Blessing I was SO happy. I was really getting antsy waiting for its arrival! Then my friend took a shower and calls me in there saying we have a problem. I thought it was something stupid and she was kidding.. She broke the shower head off my shower!!! It was pretty much shooting straight out and with a lot of pressure. You can turn this little switch thing and it helps a little but it is so messed up.. Hard for me to take a shower.. I tried duct taping it but that didn't work out so well it just squirted in all directions.. I tried using a wrench because we actually have another shower head but I couldn't get it off.. Of course when something happens that I need my dad he's not here.. I was telling my friend she should be glad I'm in such a good mood today because I just think the whole thing is kind of hysterical. Just makes me think even more about always keeping a positive attitude because I've just been so happy today and I love it when its like that. So this time I'm gonna try harder to not focus on bad things that happen and remember what I have to be thankful for :) I hope I'm more successful this time but I'm gonna try :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a blessing...the call to teach is a special gift...<3 u

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loriallen said...

Sweet girl:) Thanks for the input about girl's camp! I want it to rock the free world this year!!! I love ya girl! It was awesome seeing your pretty face at church :)