Thursday, August 27, 2009

Beginning of School

Well school started on tuesday. And not to my surprise I couldn't really sleep monday night.. so I was a little tired.. :) School went good it was the usual first day. I already knew all the teachers I had and had them before. My schedule changed since I was taking teacher academy at the JVS. I was only able to take 5 classes to get there on time. Which made it so I couldn't take Trig and had to take Algebra II over again. I guess I don't really care about that that much because I know I totally slacked last year. So hopefully I learned from that :D I also wasn't able to take french II because it was only later in the day. So I took two years of spanish and one of french.. Besides that the first day at Grand Valley went pretty smoothly.
So now my new schedule is:
Personal Development/Resource management
English Lit Com
Psychology/Sociology
Algebra II
Am Govt/Economics
After that I headed to the Jvs. I was somewhat nervous about that because I didn't know what to expect or anyone that would be there. Now there are 8 people in our class. Our teacher is really nice and this is going to be her last year. So, now we're meeting at the JVS everyday until september 30th and then only on mondays and tuesdays for the rest of the year. Wednesday to friday we're doing internships at our schools. We have 6 total and they're about 5 weeks each or so and you have to plan a lesson for each. I already have some experience from last year going down to help the 3rd graders so I'm not too worried about that.
I've been undecided as to what I wanted to do and then when my teacher called me it just felt right so here I am! It kindof brought me down that my friend started laughing and saying I could never be a teacher. (well I was laughing too) She said that I have no patience and I would punch a kid and get fired. Haha well I totally don't think its that extreme!! I have to give myself props I've never punched anybody before and I definitely wouldn't do it to a kid! Everyone has their goals to accomplish and mine has always been to have more patience so what better way to do that? Plus I'm usually good at hiding it and not freaking out :) I haven't decided what grade or class or anything, but that's the point of the internship. Right now I'm considering 7th or 8th grade reading, or junior high history. Guess I will see what I think when I am finished. Haha it was so funny I asked my 1st period teacher when seniors last day was. She laughed and said they didn't know yet but she would let me know. She said I was planning for the future I was like Yeah!!! :) Counting down already!! :D Gonna try to miss less days this year.

1 comment:

loriallen said...

I didn't even graduate from high school, and I went on to go to college and become a teacher!!! Good for you girly, that's a great choice in a career!!