Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I plead with you to control your tempers, to put a smile upon your faces, which will erase anger; speak out with words of love and peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without regret. Your marriages and family relationships will be preserved. You will be much happier. You will do greater good. You will feel a sense of peace that will be wonderful.

Yes, I definitely need to work on this more!! Everyone that knows me well knows that I am easily frustrated.. My life would be so much more peaceful if I just got over things. It is SO hard though... I did pretty good last semester because my goal was to be more patient and positive. So, when anything happened I just tried to get over it but once I started working when I got home it was all gone.. I do need to work on it more and think that it is only temporary and not to sweat the little things..
I'm good for now because I have the whole weekend and my birthday is tomorrow :) Then going to WV for the weekend. A much needed mini vacation. I definitely miss school and not so much that as the environment that I had when I was there. Being home has been wearing on me fast but I just need to stay above it. I know what I stand for and no one is going to change that so it'll be okay in the end, I guess :)

Some things I wrote down during Stake Conference last Sunday:
1. *Organize yourselves
-House of prayer, fasting, faith, learning, glory, order, a house of God
--pray always to be a conqueror to Satan
-Isaiah 58:6-7 summarized: let the oppressed go free and break every yoke
-Isaiah 58:8-9 " " : then shall thy light break forth and the Lord shall say here I am.
1 Nephi 3:7 I will go and do the things the Lord has commanded-He always prepares a way.
--Teach ye another- seek ye out the best books and learning from one another.
--Square with God, honest with ourselves and fair with others
-Keep slothfulness and uncleanness far from you
-Clean thoughts, noble purpose, willing heart.
-House of God takes constant vigilance.

2. When performance is measured, performance is improved.
-Confidence in ourselves and in God-don't be so easily distracted by the world.
--Unity will be fostered-accomplish same desires
-Meaningful goals and planning will help with what the Lord expects of us.
-To be able to make a great difference with the goals we attain.
-Mortality is filled with thorns that we have to go through to get back to the road we know we need to be on.
Hymn 319 If we united, all things we can do with an eye single to God
"If ye are not one, ye are not mine."

3. D&C 35 1-4 Prepare for the return of Jesus Christ. Love needs to be the motivation.
-Being charitable at all times- pray for the gift.
-When we are willing and trying to be Christ-like - if there is a will there is a way.
-Be willing to show others the way to come unto Him.
Isaiah 58:6-12
When we use, share and multiply what we've been given
-Virtue, uprightness, holiness, keeping all of the commandments.
-Comply with and keep those we've received- know the commandments first.
-Personal commandments to go and to do.
-Liken the scriptures to ourselves-listen for promptings.
-Person commandments- seek to be obedient and happiness will follow.

Another thing I have been thinking is one of the last things my Stake President said. Which was seek to be obedient and happiness will follow. Happiness is always there and we just need to work for it. Of course we will always have trials but we need to let trials strengthen us and not consume us or we will never progress.

No comments: